This course continues where part 1 leaves off in broadening the knowledge of homeschooling also known as home education, independent study, or alternative education. Participants will have the opportunity to learn from the information presented online, the books read, and also from the experiences of others. At the end of the course participants should have a breadth of knowledge and experiences to give them a strong foundation in the area of homeschooling in order to then share that knowledge with others and apply it in their own lives. The course will also cover topics personalized learning approaches, college and career life and goals, success in high school, learning styles, and teaching styles. Additional purchase of the book The Everything Guide to Homeschooling by Sherri Linsenbach & purchase or free download of How to Homeschool by Sara Brown required.
In this course Shannon Carpenter guides you step by step as you explore and learn multiple essential topics all about the homeschooling lifestyle. This course doe not earn FPU credit.
- Module 1: FERTILIZE
- Interest-led Learning, Organization, Typical Days, & A-Z Homeschooling
- Module 2: SEASONS
- Multi-Aged Homeschooling, Single-Parent Homeschooling, Homeschooling While Working, & Developmental Stages from Birth to Teens
- Module 3: DROUGHTS & STORMS
- Special Needs, Veteran Homeschooling, Stress, & Burn Out
- Module 4: SOWING SEEDS
- Serving in your Community & Preparing for College & Career Life
- Module 5: BLOOMING WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED
- Planning for Summer & Next Year
- The Heart of Homeschooling is a self-paced virtual course with an online community.
- After completing your purchase you will receive a Google Classroom code. You will then have immediate access to the course and can complete lessons at your own pace.