This course follows the book Rethinking School: How to Take Charge of Your Child’s Education by Susan Wise Bauer and focuses on helping the credentialed teacher gain a better understanding of how to support parents who homeschool their children and the children they homeschool and support. This course is also for the homeschooling parent who finds a need for an alternative way to school their K–12 child. This course shows a new way to teach and learn through compassion and practical tools. Students will learn how to take control of the education process in a way that nurtures the child’s mind, emotions, and spirit.
In this course Shannon Carpenter guides you step by step as you explore and read the book Rethinking School while completing question prompts.
- 11 Lessons
- Weekly Live Stream lessons based on book chapters
- Optional Assignments
- Private Facebook Group Community
- Option to join In-Person Local Community Heart of Homeschooling Home Group
- Rethinking School is a virtual course with an online community.
- After completing your purchase you will receive a Google Classroom code. You will then have immediate access to the course and can complete lessons at your own pace.
- Link to the recommended book for the course