$29 for a limited time
This course follows the book Rethinking School: How to Take Charge of Your Child’s Education by Susan Wise Bauer and focuses on helping you gain a better understanding of homeschooling topics and shows a new way to teach and learn through compassion and practical tools. Students will learn how to take control of the education process in a way that nurtures the child’s mind, emotions, and spirit. Additional purchase of the book Rethinking School by Susan Wise Bauer required.
In this self-paced course, Shannon Carpenter, will explain how to apply the concepts learned in the book Rethinking School to everyday homeschooling life so you can see positive results. This course does not earn FPU credit.
- Module 1 – The School System, Grades, & Labels
- Module 2 – Giftedness, Toxicity, & Testing
- Module 3 – Homework, Acceleration, & Multiple Intelligence
- Module 4 – Teaching Yourself, Rethinking, & Self-Awareness
- Module 5 – Noneducational Tasks, Imagination, & Homeschool Styles
- Module 6 – Getting Started, Independent Work, & Out-of-the-box Teaching
- Module 7 – Radical Alternatives & Extras
- This self-paced course is completely virtual with an online community.
- Instructional funding is accepted. After purchase you will receive a special code to log in to the classroom. You will then have immediate access to the course and can complete the modules at your own pace.
- Link to the recommended book for the course